This is one of the a series of short courses designed specifically for animal owners who wish to help their dogs using aromatherapy. We will give you a good grounding on the issues related choosing, preparing and using the aromatherapy oils remedies. It is currently being converted to a Distance Learning format so the best is to sign up for the newsletter on the home page and we will let you know when it is published.
• Introduction to groups of essential oils eg those made from flowers, fruits, trees, grasses etc
• Learn the differences between working with one family eg learn the differences and how to compare 4 or more types of lavender, 4 types of eucalyptus or several tea-tree species
• Use of herbal oils – these are the ‘carrier’ oils and are essential for every preparation
• Safety issues around using oils in animals
• Learn how to make your own dog shampoo and flea repellent
• Learn how to make a gel for a wound or a cut
• Learn how to use a diffuser so your dog can be left safely alone in a room with a calming oil
Weekend courses are all priced at £189, but if you book 8 weeks ahead of the course date the price drops to £149. This includes the teaching and the herbs used on the course. You can book to stay with us at our B&B – just email us and we will sort it out for you.